03 October 2004

Lost again

I dreamed last night that I was in college and that my schedule was made up entirely of high-level math classes. I never attended any class in the context of the dream but instead wandered around a labyrinth-like building, never being able to find my class but somehow running into thirty business majors in every hallway that I traversed.

I'm back in Malory for the moment, trying to finish it off before I launch into "Christ Above Culture" in Niebuhr's book. All of Gawain's brothers and nephews are now dead, and Launcelot killed most of them. For that matter, Launcelot has killed, in the last twenty pages, most of the knights of the Round Table. Apparently he doesn't age, because his son Galahad by this point is dead and gone, having retrieved the Holy Grail. The next section is called "Gawain's Revenge," but I imagine he'll kill some of the knights who have joined Launcelot's faction--I just don't think Launcelot can be killed.

No comments: