05 September 2004

Missing Weekdays Already

Well, I had to take the dog to the groomers' Friday morning, so I didn't take my standard time to make an entry on the blog. So it goes. I probably won't post tomorrow either, seeing as it's Labor Day (the day when only the working poor have to go to work).

I wonder sometimes about history, about whether what I do is going to be seen as one of those Enlightenment steps forward or one of those post-colonial complicit-in-violence things. Or whether history as a means of telling stories is going to change so radically in two hundred years that I've just got no idea what they're going to say about what I do. At any rate, there's no way of telling here and now what's going to be said then and there, so I suppose that's where my speculations on that end.

No comments: