19 December 2006

Hoppin' Hegel, Batman!

I knew that next semester was going to be rough, but my professor for Hegelian and post-Hegelian literary theory just posted his reading list along with a Darth Vaderesque warning about the reading load. Yeesh!

I just ordered Eagleton's book for an early January brush-up (hopefully it'll show up while I'm out of town) and the Hegel tome to get cookin' over that. Fitzner told me this professor is a good one; I just hope my tail holds out.

All of a sudden translating two hundred lines of Beowulf a week started looking like the easy part of my semester...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Well at least its the Spring Semester and you have week 10.

Nathan P. Gilmour said...

True enough. If you look back now, there's a red-text warning that anyone who misses the first night is automatically out of the class. I hope my son doesn't get sick...