06 February 2007

More Revisions

So here I am, between revision meetings, scrambling to say something to each paper as it comes to me. I've got six more groups to go (I think), and each one wears me down a bit more. As I say every semester, the value of these meetings, both as exemplary for the practice of group revision and as feedback into my students' writing, is valuable enough that I'm willing to kill myself once a semester to do it. But I can't even fathom how some of my colleagues read preliminary drafts of every paper.

We've moved on from Hegel to Marx in Cole's class, and the readability difference is massive. I'm cooking through The German Ideology where I crawled through Phenomenology of Spirit and even Philosophy of History. I know that once we get into twentieth-century literary theory the readability is likely to depart again, so I'm not going to get used to it.

The David unit is coming up, and I still haven't written any quizzes. Perhaps this afternoon.

No comments: