11 October 2004

The Extraterrestrial Talking Diamond

Okay, last night's dream was a weird one. There was a reality show being taped in the town where I lived (not sure where, but for some reason it seemed like Winslow, IN). The idea was that a carpenter's family would live in a homeless family's car while the homeless family lived in a house that was being built. Now that I'm awake, I realize that this setup would ruin any surprise that might come with the new house, not to mention the difficulty inherent in living in a not-yet-built house. No matter. My difficulty was that the twenty-six pound talking diamond, which had told me I was the chosen one (not even sure what I was chosen for at this point) had somehow ended up wrapped in a blanket in a corner of the house and refused to move. I told the carpenter exactly what was going on while he negotiated selling prices with the homeless father, but that just made everyone want to see a twenty-six pound diamond. But when we got there, Lionel Luthor from Smallville had Clark Kent kryptonite-poisoned in a corner (right next to the diamond, which apparently nobody had noticed), and Lois Lane from Smallville captured. So as the carpenter, the homeless father, the carpenter's son, and I entered the room, so did Smallville's Lana Lang, brandishing two pistols, Matrix-style. A verbal exchange turned into a fight scene, with about six of Luthor's guards going down, and then the alarm rang.

Still haven't had a chance to watch the debate, but that's no big deal. Mary and I now have even more baby paperwork filled out, but I still have tasks to complete before I take off for work this morning. Much to do. Much to do.

I've covered about the first ten chapters of Acts, and once I've read it all the way through, I can start planning the next Bible study series. I'm also going to make a run of Paradise Lost again. I think I'll use a Vonnegut novel as my casual, in-bed-while-Mary-suddenly-gets-chatty reading.

No comments: